Monday, June 16, 2008

SUMMER TRAVEL

Well it's that time again for Summer travel and I'm always looking for things to do with my family this time of year. We might be looking for fun in the sun or exciting adventures in a far away land or possibly some place with a cooler climate.
Maybe I'll check out a tropical paradise like the Bahamas and try out some fishing, water sports, or just kick back on the beach, a little shopping and definitely a visit to Cartwright's Cave and Dean's Blue Hole.
Of course Australia has a lot to offer with it's lush rain forests and beautifully iced slopes. I think my six year old, who puts on her snorkel gear for every bath, would love to try out some real snorkeling and Mission Beach has White Water Rafting.
If we plan a trip around our family history, one side of my spouse's family comes from Denmark which is an archipelago in Scandinavia directly north of Germany and the other side from Ireland were you can ride a boat through a beautiful cave or one of my favorites are the castles and monuments. Blarney Castle is a beautiful site and you MUST kiss the Blarney Stone!You can read some very very cool ghost stories about the castles in Ireland here and here.

I haven't been to the Texas Gulf Coast since I was a kid and I do have family in South Padre Island. There's a Schlitterbahn Beach Water park and we could visit the sea turtles and of course fit in some fishing.
For some cooler temperatures, Southern Alaska is a great idea since between June and August the average temperature range is 40s to mid 60s and if we decide to go fishing for King Salmon, Salmon Falls is were we'll be.

No comments: